Sunday 9 November 2008

Traffic---openning (TBC)

(Images of the dream, a body is falling down from one building.
Ambiguous voiceover of a man: “Isn’t it beautiful, Sarah? Beautiful~”)

(Sarah woke up, with earphones on)

Voiceover: Same. Again. But glad you didn’t turn around to look at me in the end, which relieves me from the haunting guilt sense at least for today.

(Sarah opens the curtain, but closed the window. Looking through the window, POV, city in the morning, sunrise in the distance)
“Now, it is all quiet. Silent. As dead.”
(Sequence: washing, cleaning, dressing, going out. Camera stays indoor.)

VO: This city is all about traffic (bus and cars moving in front of her) This lady goes to Forever for mocha every morning, and meets me here at 7.30. We never talk. Maybe, she never has noticed me. But I enjoy her company, standing between the zombie lines with her. Such a fleeting moment when I am not alone, I feel so free yet not free enough.”

(Siren beeping. Sarah and the lday cross the road, departing into two opposed directions. Sarah walks pass a gas station.)

VO: I suppose this is the same gas station I would go by every night, even if I couldn’t really tell. (A glimpse of the guy in the gas station, filling up for customers) I envy him, watching people coming and leaving, never troubled to figure out the back story of them. He is happy. He should be.”
(Already turning the corner, walking on the half-empty street)

(Pushing open a glass door of a café, then entering a locker room, walking by a few people)
VO: I… (cut short by a guy’s shouting )”
Boss: So, here you are! How many times I told you to keep your phone on.
VO: I try to…
Boss: Listen! There is no time off, there is always business!
Sarah: (not surprised) What?
Boss: What? You tell me what?
Did you take out the order to Mr. James?
Sarah: …
I did. I thought.
Boss: You thought? Since when “you thought”? I told you to deliver it yourself, didn’t I? Why
you sent that black dude? Who do you think you are?
Sarah: …
Boss: No lunch today! (Slammed the door, out)

Sarah: (no emotion at all; undress herself, looking into the mirror of the locker, a few girls talking)
VO: I try to imagine other people’s life, instead of looking at mine.(Looks at herself in the mirrow for a sec, quickly closes the door, putting on a cap, which written “Forever, café”)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read it today. I think it's not attractive enough for an opening. Just my opinion.

Gina